The deadline to register for the Spring 2014 academic seminars has been extended to December 19. Certificate-granting seminars build toward a career in graphic design. Register for non-academic makeshops at any time and schedule at your convenience.
Academic seminars begin January 13, 2014, and last until April 10, 2014. Here is a link to the full academic Calendar:
Steps for new students to enroll in the academic, certificate-granting graphic design seminars:
- Download the New Student Packet
- Contact us to schedule an interview
- Fill out the Enrollment Agreement
- Have official transcripts of your most recent school sent to us
- Bring, mail, email or fax your Enrollment Agreement to us
Academic seminars are taught by practicing graphic design professionals and class projects involve collaboration with actual clients from the community. Creative, technical and professional skills and experience are developed through immersion-based learning.
Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479) 442-1443.
Last Updated Monday, December 9, 2013
Spring term begins Monday, January 13, and lasts until Thursday, April 10, 2014.
First Year Seminars
- Design Studio / TBD / TBD / 6-8PM
- Adobe Photoshop / TBD / TBD / 6-8PM
- Web Design / Sonia Davis Gutiérrez / TBD / 6-8PM
- History of Graphic Design / Mike Davis Gutiérrez / TBD / 6-8PM
Second Year Seminars
*These seminars have prerequisites.
- Portfolio Development 1* / Laura Bennett / Mondays / 6-8PM
- Thesis Studio 1* / Sonia Davis Gutiérrez / TBD / 6-8PM
- Color Studies* / Kat Wilson / Wednesdays / 6-8PM
TBD: Instructors and days are still being confirmed and are to be determined. All classes will be held in the evenings Monday through Thursday, 6-8pm.
Fill out and submit the enrollment agreement for the fall 2013 term:
NDS Enrollment-Agreement-2013 (154kb PDF)
The first 30 minutes of each class will begin with an orientation.
If you require advising contact Sonia.
Materials: Computer and Software
If you need a computer and/or software we recommend you visit the UA Computer Store, (479) 575-5414. The ”base model MacBook Pro” which was quoted to us at $999.00 will be great for class. You are welcome to use a Windows based laptop. We just like for students to become familiar with the industry standard computer operating environment as soon as possible. You will need to purchase Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) directly from the Adobe website which requires a subscription service for software. This student version is $29.99 and requires a minimum 1 year subscription:
To purchase software with Adobe you will need an New Design School email which will be issued to you upon admission and enrollment. You will not need the email to purchase the computer.
Here is a map and hours of the UA Computer Store:
Last Updated Monday, December 10, 2013