PRPR 101 Professional Practice for Employees
Working in an office environment as a designer takes a specific skill set. Gain insight about office etiquette, communication, and dress. Learn the importance of office relationships, networking, and confidentiality. Research what employers are looking for through interviewing practicing professionals. Practice organization, time management and prioritizing projects. Develop an understanding of the graphic design job market and career ladder. Begin to set your sights on a career goal in a desired niche of graphic design. Learn to research cost of living. Practice negotiating salaries and benefits. Portfolio goal: 1 piece. Classroom hours: 24. Prerequisite: None.
- Prepare yourself for real work projects
- Gain the skills to take on your own clients
- Learn how to write contracts
- Understand scheduling for successful delivery
- Gain confidence in bidding and proposals
- Learn the process of billing.
- Learn how the professionals keep clients returning
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes